Well Im bored and what the hell. nothing like sharing experiences and hopefully discouraging the munchkins. :)
0. Do you cut? Yes
1. Who do you hide SI from? As many people as possible. Im getting better at being more open though.
2. Who knows about it? A couple of people know the extent, but Im sure a fair few people have glanced the scars
3. How long has it been since you last cut? about a month and a half.
4. Have you ever tried to commit suicide before? Yes
5. Where do you usually cut? chest, breasts, stomach, legs, shins, wrists, arms.
6. When you cut, who's usually the first to find out? Untill someone accidentally sees it no one. I guess a significant other sees it, when i have one.
7. What's your worst experience with a fresh cut? too much blood loss and i passed out.
8. Do you have a fascination with scabs? No
9. Do you like scars, yes or no? No
10. Do you name your razor? No
11. What other methods of SI do you use? beating (bruising) cigar burns, cigarette burns, i punched myself in the face once, strangulation, starvation
12. Do you dislike the term "self mutilation"? no, that's exactly what it is. it has a negative name because it isnt exactly an encouraged hobby.
13. What various ways do you use to hide cuts? clothes i guess.
14. Once cuts heal, do you still hide the scars? I tend to. but occasionally i let my arms get some air.
15. Ever been institutionalized/hospitalized for SI'ing? Yes.
16. Do you ever run into problems with hiding cuts (i.e: gym change rooms)? oh yeah. work is terrible. long sleeves in summer, or armbands. it becomes very difficult.
17. What's the best part about cutting to you? there is no good part of cutting.
18. Do you know of any songs that talk about SI? plenty. but if music is making you want to slash up just because a someone is singing about it then there is something wrong with you; moreso.
19. Have you ever been caught cutting/burning, etc? yeah.
20. What instrument do you use to cut? by breaking disposable razors you get the bare blades, razor replacements, cut throat razor, broken glass, broken mirrors, boxcutter, steakknife, pieces of scrap metal
21. What causes you to cut? discontempt of oneself.
22. What do you feel afterwards? who knows. worse usually.
23. What is your closest Close Call? I slashed my wrists up and ended up in emergency ward. although the OD was a bit scarier. both very embarrasing
24. How long have you been doing it? for 8 years.
25. Do you keep a razor in your bag? No
26. Ever needed stitches for a cut so deep? quite a few times
27. Do you have someone like a therapist you talk to regularly? No, but i reccomend anyone who does harm themselves to do so.
28. Are your parents divorced? of course. who's arent these days.
29. Do you label yourself a ‘cutter’? nah, i label myself a fucken psycho for the fun of it.
30. How long have you cut for? [already answered that]
31. Why did you start? it started as a curiosity thing. i used to scratch my leg as a way of release for stress and ended gouging a hole about 1/4 inch deep without realising. one thing leads to another...
32. When did you start? jesus i already answered that.
33. What did you use? razor blade? jeeze... i cant remember dude.
34. What do you use now? broken bottle, razor blade.
35. Have you ever tried to quit before? Yes
36. What’s the longest time you’ve went without cutting? 2 months
37. Have you tried alternative coping methods other then cutting? of course. i only cut because the other methods require effort and focus.
38. Why do you like to cut (if you do)? ialready answered that.
39. Why don’t you like cutting (if you don’t): because its damaging your body and it hurts you mentally more than the initially emotions that drove you to it.
40. Have you ever needed stitches before? yup
41. Have you ever been to the hospital for cutting or issues relating to cutting? yup
44. Would you advise people to stop or start cutting? guys dont do it. i cant wear watches or bracelets without disfiguring scars showing. it really isnt helping you. any disbelievers? ill upload pics to make a point if need be.
48. What is your opinion on cutting? I think it makes things worse. definately worse.
49. Have you ever taken pictures of your cuts/scars, if so why? yeah. its a part of me now. these fuckers aren't gunna fade.
50. Do you think there is a connection between mental illness (depression, anxiety disorders etc.) and self-injury? Yes
And now im off
take care guys.